I have been using Firefox as my web browser for the past 2 years (yes, just recently). It is because I am overwhelmed with the additional feature that you can add to boost Firefox to become one of the best tool around, especially as a webmaster. Apart from it being platform independant (it also helped as I use both Linux and Windows as my operating system), it is also one of the fastest browser around.
Until now, I have done few trials and errors on the add-ons and extensions for Firefox, on particular, tools for webmasters. I will share with you all the add-ons that I use to enhance my task as a webmaster. Here are the list:
- Adsense Notifier – The most handy tools for webmasters who use Adsense as one of their multiple streams of income. Adsense Notifier simply shows your adsense stats on the status bar and updates the stats automatically. This is wonderful for anyone with OCD (Obsessive Compusive Disorder) who needs to check their stats every three seconds to see if they have gotten any more clicks :-p
- Fasterfox – If you want to feel your “Firefox on Steroids”, Fastefox is one of the extension that you should have. It tweaks your performance and network for Firefox. The features are: prefetch links, tweaks network, block pop-ups and page-load timer.
- FireFTP – FTP client for Firefox. I use Filezilla as my regular FTP client, but I use FireFTP as my back-up and alternative FTP client. So, if you crash your FileZilla, you still can load your html file to your server.
- Gmail Notifier – I have to admit that Gmail is the best email client that I have, A whole lot better than Hotmail and full-of-junk Yahoo. Gmail Notifier will err… notify when you have new email in your inbox. It’s really handy if you use Gmail as your official email client.
- Google Toolbar for Firefox – The best toolbar that I have. Even better than the bloated Yahoo.
- IE Tab – This is a great tool for web developers, since you can easily see how your webpage displayed in IE with just one click and then switch back to Firefox. I sometimes find that my website looks a bit funny in IE. By having this, you can edit your html file to be IE friendly…
- Online Bookmark Manager Synchronizer -This is a powerful tool to synchronize your bookmarks between your Firefox browser and the OnlineBookmarkManager. Keep your Firefox bookmarks in sync between multiple computers and for me, between operating system. Better than del.icio.us.
- Search Status -Display the Google PageRank and Alexa popularity score anywhere in your browser, along with fast keyword density analyser, keyword/nofollow highlighting, backward/related links, Alexa info and other SEO tools. Basically, its a tool where you can know other website’s Google PR and Alexa, compared to yours.
- Wizz RSS News Reader -A fairly good RSS and Atom news reader. It’s useful to get yourself update with the latest news from the net.
Now you get 10 of the best webmaster tool as an extension for your Firefox. I think it is more special than IE extension, as it is free and updated regularly.
Personally, if I know how to write code and make one, I will do it. Anymore suggestions?