Blog, also known as personal 21st century diary by some, is a personal website that you can write almost anything on it, without having the headache of being a webmaster thinking about a ‘website’. I hereby list 10 reasons why you should blog (although you can list more on why you should NOT blog):
- It is free. You can choose among hundreds of free blog provider – from Blogger to WordPress – or even this NEW blog services from my webhosting provider – iloveblog from Exabytes.
- You can write anything you want, when you want, how you want it to be presented and to whom do you want to blog.
- You don’t have to know new alien computer language. Most of the current blog providers provides a WYSIWYG (what-you-see-is-what-you-get) platform for you to write as if you are writing on MS Word (kind of idiot proof).
- You can make some money (if you try hard enough and know how to).
- Good way to ‘kill your time’ during your non-productive hours in the office.
- Impress your boss by mentioning about him in your blog among your collegue.
- Everybody is doing it right now. Why not you?
- Create your own community of bloggers among your friends.
- It’s cool. You can let the world hear your thought.
- You can write in your own language. Bahasa Melayu pun boleh ma… No need to worry too much on your grammar. You won’t be scolded by your English teacher for your bad English.
- Oh did I say 10? The last one would be: You can delete your blog anytime if you FEELS that you do not want it anymore.
Free blog is not without limitation. If you think that you want to do more on your blog (apart from your wild ramblings about your cats and dogs), I would suggest that you get yourself a dedicated webhosting services to host your blog. For me, Exabytes is currently doing the job well on hosting this blog.
Just drop me an email if you want to feature your blog in the “Blogroll” column!