State of Sabah has submitted 13 events for inclusion in the Visit Malaysia Year 2007.
There will be 2 anchor events, 4 major events, 2 highlight events and 5 supporting events.
The 2 anchor events are:
- Sabah Fest Celebration, which is Sabah’s most anticipated cultural event where rich and colourful, generations-old cultures and tradition are showcased through dance, music, song, crafts and food.
- 21st Mount Kinabalu International Climbathon, the world toughest mountain race, which will be held on 6-7 October 2007.
The 4 major events are:
- Harvest Festival, on May 30-31.
- 22nd Sabah Dragon Boat Race on June 17.
- Tip of Borneo Symphony Orchestra in June.
- Sandakan Memorial Day in August.
The 2 highlights:
- 4×4 Borneo Safari for adventurers and challange seekers, from October 28 to November 4.
- Tamu Besar Kota Belud.
The 5 supporting events:
- Sabah Fishing Tournament, on May 11-13 in Kota Kinabalu.
- Pesta Rumbia on July 7-8 in Kuala Penyu.
- Semporna’s Regatta Lepa on April 21-22.
- Kudat’s Coconut Fest on September 7-9.
- Kiulu 4M Challange on December 2.
So, have you trip planner organised. You don’t want to miss the event!