I have been using Firefox as my web browser for the past 2 years (yes, just recently). It is because I am overwhelmed with the additional feature that you can add to boost Firefox to become one of the best tool around, especially as a webmaster. Apart from it being platform independant (it also helped as I use both Linux and Windows as my operating system), it is also one of the fastest browser around.
Until now, I have done few trials and errors on the add-ons and extensions for Firefox, on particular, tools for webmasters. I will share with you all the add-ons that I use to enhance my task as a webmaster. Here are the list:
- Adsense Notifier – The most handy tools for webmasters who use Adsense as one of their multiple streams of income. Adsense Notifier simply shows your adsense stats on the status bar and updates the stats automatically. This is wonderful for anyone with OCD (Obsessive Compusive Disorder) who needs to check their stats every three seconds to see if they have gotten any more clicks :-p
- Fasterfox – If you want to feel your “Firefox on Steroids”, Fastefox is one of the extension that you should have. It tweaks your performance and network for Firefox. The features are: prefetch links, tweaks network, block pop-ups and page-load timer.
- FireFTP – FTP client for Firefox. I use Filezilla as my regular FTP client, but I use FireFTP as my back-up and alternative FTP client. So, if you crash your FileZilla, you still can load your html file to your server.
- Gmail Notifier – I have to admit that Gmail is the best email client that I have, A whole lot better than Hotmail and full-of-junk Yahoo. Gmail Notifier will err… notify when you have new email in your inbox. It’s really handy if you use Gmail as your official email client.
- Google Toolbar for Firefox – The best toolbar that I have. Even better than the bloated Yahoo.
- IE Tab – This is a great tool for web developers, since you can easily see how your webpage displayed in IE with just one click and then switch back to Firefox. I sometimes find that my website looks a bit funny in IE. By having this, you can edit your html file to be IE friendly…
- Online Bookmark Manager Synchronizer -This is a powerful tool to synchronize your bookmarks between your Firefox browser and the OnlineBookmarkManager. Keep your Firefox bookmarks in sync between multiple computers and for me, between operating system. Better than del.icio.us.
- Search Status -Display the Google PageRank and Alexa popularity score anywhere in your browser, along with fast keyword density analyser, keyword/nofollow highlighting, backward/related links, Alexa info and other SEO tools. Basically, its a tool where you can know other website’s Google PR and Alexa, compared to yours.
- Wizz RSS News Reader -A fairly good RSS and Atom news reader. It’s useful to get yourself update with the latest news from the net.
Now you get 10 of the best webmaster tool as an extension for your Firefox. I think it is more special than IE extension, as it is free and updated regularly.
Personally, if I know how to write code and make one, I will do it. Anymore suggestions?
I managed to set up an online shopping mall, specially made for Mount Kinabalu Borneo.com visitor. The ‘eMiniMall’ is provided by Chitika, a well known online shopping mall in the internet.
I made it because I just would like to share with you what are the appropriate apparel and equipment that you need before you come to Sabah and involve in one of its adventure travel chapter, especially if you decided to climb Mount Kinabalu.
As I mentioned before, Mount Kinabalu is not a technical climb. So, most of the items are pretty basic. You can even use them during your backpacking trip around the world.
By shopping from this page, you are actually supporting this free information website about climbing Mount Kinabalu. A portion of the money that you spend buying the items online will be used to pay the web hosting services and other relevant services to make sure this website maintain its existence on the net.
Feel safe and free to shop here. Hope you can find something that you like 😉
Don’t get me wrong. I received an email from my fellow friend, Jan Leow about his experience on climbing Mount Kinabalu in July 2003. His story was very long that he needs to break it into 2 parts, for easy reading!
Jan Leow run the website, Cameron Highland Destination.com, a website which has a very similar theme with mine. We like to share our tips and tricks on traveling for people who are planning to come and visit our places. We are also using the same system, (SiteBuildIt) to create and maintain our website. Check out what Jan Leow have to ay on his trip to the highest peak in Borneo!
So, what I really mean was Mount Kinabalu outdoor adventure travel in Cameron-Highland-Destination.com!
Mount Kinabalu Trip by Jan Leow, Part 1
Mount Kinabalu Trip by Jan Leow, Part 2
It may be difficult to believe, but some people actually cringe when an opportunity presents itself. They are the ones who don’t care what happens, just as long as it doesn’t happen to them.
Yet, there are others who, seeing the exact same opportunity, reach out and seize it immediately. It doesn’t matter that it’s something they have never done before; it doesn’t matter that others may try to discourage them. They understand that, as someone once observed, the man with new idea is often thought to be crazy – until the idea succeeds.
We believe that success most often strikes those who are optimistic and willing to challange their abilities. Consider the runner Glenn Cunningham, who was severely burned in his youth and told that he might never run again. Glenn, however, was undaunted. He overcame his disability by walking… then running… then taking strenous regimen of running miles every day. And then amazingly, Glenn set a world record for the mile run!
ASked to explain how he achieved such a feat, Glenn remarked,”I’ve never look upon myself as someone special. Maybe it’s because ignorance was always my greatest asset. I never knew I couldn’t do certain things.”
So, in business – as in life – we think it’s wise never to assume what you are or are not able to do. Only by expanding your mind, stretching your boundries, and testing your toughness will you make the same discovery as Glenn Cunningham and many in SBI! business: the unique, individual greatness that lies within you.
Yesterday I read a book, “How To Slay The Financial Dragon” by William A. Stanmeyer, J.D. I got the book a few years ago, while doing my network marketing business as it is one of the recommended book. I just would like to share with you about “The Ideal Business”, that was discussed in one of the chapter inside the book. Why? Because I want to illustrate to you whether SBI! fulfill the criteria of “The Ideal Business”. Let’s go through it together.
- No Boss. Work for yourself. No worries about layoffs, corporate politics, or martinet-type superiors who enjoy making you suffer.
- No Big “Capital Investment”. Start for under $500. No need to go into debt or spend all your savings.
- Home-Based. No office rent. No rush hour. No wasted time and money driving and parking. No “road rage” or stress.
- Flexible Hours. As little as six to ten per week, often in small one- and two-hour segments, mostly lunch hour, evenings and weekends. Fits anybody’s schedule, no matter the demands of his regular work.
- No Exams or Years of Training. Unlike insurance, real estate, law, accounting and medicine, the Ideal Business has token licencing at most and little or no mandatory expensive formal training.
- Tax Benefits. The few on-going expenses of this business are mostly tax-deductible, unlike the cost the cost of being an employee.
- No Discrimination. Unlike a JOB, promotions and higher wages are here based solely on performance, not sex, colour, nepotism, or office politics.
- No Employees. Thus no paperwork for employees, no fringe benefits to fund, no trumped-up discrimination suits, no headaches when they don’t show or they pilfer the cash register.
- Constant Strong Demand for the Product(s) or Service(s). As J. Paul Getty stated years ago, the Ideal Business is one where you sell a product or service that people want, need and can afford, and preferably this demand repeats again and again.
- No Special Sales Skills or Prior Experience Needed. The Business is deliberately designed to be easy for people who don’t like or have no experience in selling or any other aspect of business.
- A Senior Associate Who Accelerates Your Learning. A mentor, this person offers continual guidance and has a financial stake in your success.
- A Time-Compounding System That Brings In Strong Residual Income. By setting up franchise-like group of “marketing asociates” on whose sales one receives overrides, one generates income through helping others, in a few years, it comes in automatically.
- No Accounts Receivable and Collection Headaches. The Business is structured to insure that the company you work with pays you directly, as soon as it receives payment from the customer.
- Minimal Legal Liability. No employees means no worries about “vicarious liability”, viz., an employee on a business errandhits someone and you, the employer, are sued.
- Unlimited Income Potantial. Unlike a JOB, which pays only the price of replacing you with willing substitute – and thus severely limits your income potential – the Ideal Business has no ceiling: income is not restricted to the efforts of only one person.
Now, does SBI! fits the 15 criterias that were mentioned in the book? You can only answer that after you get the fact from the people out there who have done it.
If you do not like to go out at night to find prospects, speak with total strangers and get a lot of rejections (if you choose network marketing), than SBI! is for you.
Have you ever met anyone who is unhappy with his or her job? When you talk to as many people as you do, the odds are pretty good that a few are dissatisfied.
Why are they unhappy? There are many common complaints. A paycheck that’s too small. Little chance of promotion. Lack of recognition. Low personal satisfaction.
For instance, if you feel you’re underpaid, then payday can be more negative than positive. And if you don’t see a way to advance in the company, your future will always be the same as today.
Further, if you’re not self-employed, you’re probably told what to do. When to arrive at work. How many hours to put in. How much money you can earn. Some folks view these as guidelines, but others see them as restrictions and limitations.
Whether these are considered as “guidelines” or “limitations” comes down to human nature, and the world certainly needs different kinds of people. Additionally, many employees are dissatisfied with their work. However, we don’t think anyone should settle for a situation that he or she isn’t happy with. People must take responsibility to make change – which is where SBI! comes in.
So while you provide people with world-class informations and a great way to earn income, you also offer a proven pathway to personal achievement and satisfactions. To put it simply: you help people live better lives.