I’ve found a way to beautify our WordPress URL from this:
or even this:
- Make your URL more visitor friendly and more ‘natural looking’.
- Search engine optimized.
What do you need?
- A WordPress plugin, Permalink Redirect WordPress Plugin by fucoder.com.
- Make sure your .htaccess on your root directory is writable.
- Download the php or zip file from fucoder.com.
- Upload `ylsy_permalink_redirect.php` to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Select Option>Permalink and change your present permalink to custom: /%postname%.html
- Save and select Permalink Redirect to manage your new URL.
- Put your old permalink structure e.g. mine was /%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%postname%/
- If you have Feedburner, put the link inside also.
- Tick ‘Hostname Redirect’. It will make sure that your old permalink do not show “Error Page 404” to your visitors.