A week ago, I received an email from Steven Wong, a re known Malaysian Internet Marketer which run his own WordPress Blogging Seminar in Kuala Lumpur. I was really surprised to receive an email from him. I was even more surprised when he told me that he uses this blog (Kinabalu Blog) as an example for his seminar for new aspiring Malaysian Bloggers.
After much discussion, he suggested that we made a podcast interview of my journey into website creation and blogging. He sent me a set of questions for me to answer during the interview, a day before the appointment. It is just a couple of very basic questions, whereby he aim to get the most information from me in an hour session, so that he could share it with his students.
As the recording was over an hour (75 minutes to be exact), I have to split the recording into two part. The first part will be today, and the second part will be tomorrow.
The questions that were asked on todays audio recordings are:
- Who is Dr Ruhaizad Daud? Can you tell us about your background?
- How do you started blogging? And how long have you been blogging? How much time you spend weekly in updating your blog? Is Mount Kinabalu is the only blog you manage? If not, can you tell us your other blogs?
- Why you choose Mount Kinabalu Climbing as the topic of your blog? What is your advice to people who want to setup a new blog now? How much do you spend monthly to maintain your blog?
- How many visitors on average come to your blog monthly? What are the methods you use to promote your blog? How do you drive traffic to your blog? Do you use any specific tools to drive traffic?
- How do you monetize from the traffic, what kind of methods you make money from your blog? Examples: Adsense, PayPerPost, Text Link Ads, etcâ€¦
Although some of my regular reader of this blog were expecting me to write about technical information about climbing, I think this blog interview will give them a break from the regular post. They will have the chance to know closely who Ruhaizad Daud is and how did he run this blog and Mount Kinabalu Borneo.com website.
For other bloggers who listen to this podcast, some of the information discussed in the interview are relevant to your journey of blogging. You are currently listening to a podcast that is used in one of Steven Wong’s teaching![audio:blog-interview-1.mp3]
You can also download the mp3 file from here (17MB).