Few people have emailed and asked me whether I have any map to Lok Kawi Wildlife Park. Kuan & Tracy left a comment on my previous post about the park, asking the same thing.
After seeing that I could tell other visitors on how to drive from Kota Kinabalu to Kinabalu Park with Google Maps, I now found out it can also applied for Lok Kawi Wildlife Park.
Click the blue balloon for info, click and drag to navigate.
View Larger Map
Lets start from the airport Terminal 2, where Airasia is:
- Drive out from the airport to Jalan Mat Salleh-Lebuhraya Pantai Baru-Jalan Kepayan junction, and turn right. You will then be driving with the airport on your right, and newly developed railway track on your left. You are on A2 highway, heading south.
- Turn right at Jalan Kampung Ganang (or some called it Lintas Highway), and you should be on A1 highway.
- Turn left at Jalan Kampung Ganang-Jalan Pintas Penampang (A1-SA3) junction.
- Drive straight along the road, and you should see vacant paddy field on both side of the road. You should see a roundabout at the end of the road.
- Take a 3-o’clock turn to Jalan Penampang Papar, and you will be driving through villages at both side of the road. Some part of the road are not that well maintained.
- After passing Kampung Limbanak, you should see a very big signboard of “Lok Kawi Wildlife Park. Turn left after the sighboard.
Hope that you could find the way to the park!