Planning your vacation includes deciding what to take with you and what to leave behind. To make the vacation packing easier (and cheaper) for you, then you might have to consider this:
- Lighten up. Luggage that’s heavy before you put anything in it will be a nightmare to transport when it’s full. Invest in the lightest bags you can find. Your clothes and other personal items will more than make up for the difference in weight.
- Carry on what you can. If you’re flying, ask your carrier how many bags you’re allowed to take on board. If you can fit all your necessities in one bag, do. Otherwise, you’ll have to wait 20 minutes or so at baggage claim – provided, of course, that your bags actually arrive with you.
- Take advantage of amenities. Pack as few toiletries and cosmetics as possible in the smallest containers possible. Don’t take anything that you know your hotel will supply, such as soap and shampoo.
- Mix and match. By selecting your travel wardrobe wisely, you can make many outfits from just a few articles of clothing. Two shirts and two pairs of shorts or pants could last you four days with a little creative coordination. Accessories can increase your outfit options.
- Pack with panache. When packing your suitcase, put shoes and other heavy items on the bottom. Next go lightweight items, followed by wrinkle-prone items on top. Use plastic bags to house and separate items and to hold dirty clothing on your return trip.
- Try looking for vacation rentals by owners. You can deal with the owner of your stay directly and discuss all the expenses incurred. You can save huge amount of money if you pick the correct rental place. VLBO is one of the portal which gathers all vacation rental owners in US, Canada, Caribbean and Mexico. If you think that your next vacation situated in one of the country mentioned, you should check out their portal.
This is a sponsored post.